Monday, March 15, 2010

A Quick Word... On What To Let Me Be

Hi everybody! Finally got the internet, after enough phonecalls to make the natural resting position of my hand now sit just next to my ear. I know the blog's been short of posts, and believe me, no one feels their absence more than myself. Gotta get back into the swing of things though, so to start with it's just something short. Hope you like it!


Let Me Be...


Let me be the first to wake up in the morning, and the last to go to sleep at night.

Let me be the fastest talker and the slowest listener.

Let me be a mystery. Let me be questioned and wondered about, but never truly understood.

Let me be the man to come to in a crisis. Let me be the one on speed dial.

Let me be caught between the adults and the kids for attention.

Let me be ready. Let me be calm.

Let me be safe from loneliness. Let me be the person who can always find someone.

Let me not fight.

When the time comes, let me look Death in the face and shake him by the hand.

And when it is all over, miss me, remember me...

...and let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment