Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Quick Word... On The Utas Public Debating Series

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know that I will be speaking in the Utas Public Debate series in Launceston on Thursday the 2nd of September at 7pm. The topic is 'That young people shouldn't waste their time reading Harry Potter and Twilight.' Tim Cox from the ABC radio will chair of the debate, and the speakers apart from myself include Lorelei Vashti, Danielle Wood, Harry Woods, Jo Walker and Margot McGovern, all of whom I'm sure will have very different, and very interesting, perspectives on the topic.

For my part, I will be arguing against the statement, and I'd love as much support as possible! Particularly if you are someone who does consider the books to be culturally inferior, I'd love a chance to try and change your mind, and there will be an opportunity for comments from the audience during the debate. It's open to all, and is a free event.

Details of the debate are here, and if you have any questions about it, I'll do my best to find answers for you. Please come along, and I look forward to catching up with some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment